- Conquer the power of death with Jesus
- Question by Ging Fransis Tabora
- “A 28 yr old church member died Yesterday, and people are saying that God took away His life, etc. But I was reminded of John 10:10 What is the context of John 10:10 in Hebrew. I mean if i would read it in Hebrew, what is the very message of it?”
- I don’t know the exact reason of his earlier death. But they usually say that God took away his life. Is it blaming God for his earlier death? Or Was it to give bereaved family members a kind of comfort so that they may forget such a sorrowful accident? In fact, as a human being we seem to have no control over life or death of anyone, so the accident of someone’s earlier death seems beyond our control.
- But Ging was reminded of the word of Jesus in John 10:10, “The thief doth not come, except that he may steal, and kill, and destroy; I came that they may have life and may have it abundantly.” Yes, we Christians are supposed to enjoy abundant life in Jesus. Then, how we do not enjoy such a wonderful privilege?
- So, Ging wishes to clarify the meaning of the word of Jesus by making a question, “What is the context of John 10:10 in Hebrew. I mean if I would read it in Hebrew, what is the very message of it?”
- My answer: Ging, you have made a wonderful question about it. Jesus introduced himself as “I am.” “I am” in Hebrew “Ehweh,” When it is transformed in 3rd person present tense, it becomes “He is” in Hebrew “Yehwah,“ in today’s English, Jehovah (Adonai).
- John 10:10 says that Jesus is the Abundant life owner for us.” In another words, “Jesus is the abundant life giver for those who believe in Him.” The title “abundant life owner (or giver)” is the explanation of the Lord (Eng. Jehovah, Heb. Yehowah, YHWH).
- According to ancient Hebrew picture letter of Yehowah, YHWH;
- Yod, Y, arm and hand, hand out, hold on, stretch out
- Heh, H, Spirit of God, Spirit of life, breath of God, theophany
- Wav, V, tent peg, big nail, connect, combine, make both things bound frim
- Heh, H, Spirit of God (life), breath of God, theophany
- Attempt of explaining of YHWH:
- 1. Jehovah is the one Spirit of Life + Spirit of Life.
- 2. Jehovah is the one who has abundant Spirit of Life. (as the same word is repeated, the meaning of it is magnified or augmented like “Magandang maganda” means “very beautiful,” like “Shalom Shalom” means “abundant shalom.”
- 3. Jehovah is the one can give an abundant life (to those who believe in Him as a savor).
- We are free to choose Jesus or our own way (Satanic way). We are invited to live with Jesus, but we make light of it. In this sense, we can control life or death in this world. We must not blame God for our terrible earlier death. Look to Jesus who is an abundant life giver for us!
- We disciples are granted to excise the full authority of life in the name of Jesus (John 14:12, 'Verily, verily, I say to you, he who is believing in me, the works that I do that one also shall do, and greater than these he shall do, because I go on to my Father.”
- We Christians in Jesus are more than a conqueror. Conquer the power of death in Jesus!
Conquer the power of death with Jesus Question by Ging Fransis Tabora
-
Elders trembled at the coming of Samuel. (1Sm 16:4) And Samuel did that which the LORD spoke, and came to Bethleh...
-
Matthew 5:6, Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness : for they shall be filled. The craving of bodily hunger ha...
-
THE SERMON ON THE MOUNT In the sermon on the Mount (Mt. 5---7),Jesus introduces the kind of life those who seek the Kin...
